Research Engineer: Computer Vision
- Location: Vienna
Work with great minds on the most fulfilling Computer Vision challenges. Since MoonVision’s inception in 2017, we teach machines to automate complex visual tasks. In our areas of focus we do that more precisely, more data efficient and more robust than anyone else. Our clients are leading in their industry and define new standards with MoonVision. For example, pushing the limits in the food industry has a direct impact on thousands of catering guests per day, the success of MoonVision and your experience.
To scale our continuously learning systems, we combine established and cutting-edge technologies. You will take over the lead of the online platform at app.moonvison.io. It exists for data, user account and IoT device management as well as for distributed computing tasks.
The platform you are building out is at the heart of model creation and deployment processes. It allows clients and us to manage annotated data, trigger long-running computations and store data streams from devices. Over the years, we gathered what makes and breaks such a platform. Every iteration brought us closer to the optimal solution. Nevertheless, there are many challenges left. Here, we need your expertise and creative problem solving skills as a platform engineer.
You will succeed if you bring the following technical skills:
- Python 3 and Django
- Relational DBs, Data Modelling, SQL
- Extensive experience with Docker/Kubernetes Deployments
- Fundamental OS know-how, Unix and its command line tools
It’s nice if you can show practical experience in any of those areas:
- Modern Frontend Technologies: e.g. React
- Machine Learning Systems in cloud-only or hybrid (online/offline) scenarios
- Critical ETL workflows where data is large in-memory
- Auto-scaling Cloud Resources
- Workflow and Task Management Systems
- Functional Programming or any Programming that shows your passion for CS
Our Tech Stack
- DL Frameworks: Pytorch, Torchvision, scikit learn
- DL Libraries: CUDA, ONNX, Torchscript, Albumentations, Kornia
- Frontend: React
- Backend: Django, AioHTTP, OpenAPI Generator, Dask Distributed
- Data: PostgreSQL, Redis, MlFlow, Prefect
- Traditional Computer Vision: OpenCV, FFmpeg
- Packaging: Docker, Kubernetes, Yarn
To learn more about the inner workings, visit our tech blog.
We are a team of 6 engineers and 6 people for BD and operations. You will work closely with the technical product owner, head of computer vision solutions, internal enterprise and app developers and partners that integrate with our API. We work hard to ensure our inclusive and diverse office is a workplace where many nationalities, ideologies and backgrounds thrive to cooperate with one another. It’s highly encouraged to participate in hackathons, visit conferences, organize meetups, and contribute to open source.
In many aspects, we set the pace for industry-wide and new AI solutions. Hence, creative yet organized teamwork is a must. Multilingual and multicultural background appreciated! We strive to maintain a professional spirit by:
- Working in an agile environment
- Encouraging ownership of core ideas and deliverables
- Being a mentor and being open to mentorship from colleagues
Our headquarter is in Vienna, Austria, the most liveable city of the world. We have social security, no crime, old and new cultures, good cuisine, affordable housing and vibrant people from all over. Our office is modern and well equipped with amenities for other than work activities too. Of course, we have an office dog. Olli provides plenty of opportunities to show him your affection. Also, we are neighbors with one of the coolest web agencies out there. As we like to say: there is no one boring week at MoonVision. And if you don’t feel like coming on a particular day, there is a Home Office option of at least one day per week.
First, we’ll check your potential fit based on skills and experience described in your application. If there is, we’ll send you a list of take-home exercises where you choose one that suits you. If the solution convinces our tech lead, we’ll do an interview and take it from there. At any point, feel free to ask your point of contact.
We onboarded people from many places around the world. Hence, supporting you with moving, visas and additional bureaucracy is possible.
- Home Office Days
- Sport Subscription Service
- Bring your own Pet Policy
- Fruit Basket
- Modern Office Amenities
- Leisure Equipment like gaming consoles
- Company Hackathons
- Flat Hierarchy
- Education Budget
- Choose your own working Laptop
Salary: Between € 40.000 - € 60.000 a year, depending on skill level for 40 hours per week (pro-rata for part-time).
Hours: Between 32-40h a week. We value a healthy work life balance. You will have 5 weeks paid vacation a year, full health insurance, pension plan and paid maternity leave.